Thursday, June 15, 2006

For All My Fellow Nerds...

Just a few simultaneous equations for some mathematical fun. This is the best I can do to portray my day today:

w = 10x
z = 1
x = y
y = 5z
t = 17y


where
t = total mileage today
w = estimated wind speed, perpendicular to riding direction
x = # of hours of sleep we got last night
y = # of times I was blown off the road (still maintained balance)
z = # of times I was blown off my unicycle (and will have a scar to prove it)

At least the wind kept things a little cooler, honed my balancing skills, and forced me to learn to ride while leaning sideways, keeping my mind somewhat distracted from the saddle sores that often shoot excruciating pain down my legs. Forget that silly talk about Kansas potentially being my favorite state. Apologies, Kansans.

[t=85, w=50, x=5, y=5]

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like those are some tough winds! Praying for you, Baby, and we're so proud of you! And Marritt, thanks for being there, hope you're having as much fun as I had.

Anonymous said...

Gracie,
As you know, I also love equations. What I love more in this case is that you can still think them up and do them, i.e. your head is fine even though you were blown off the road. My best wishes for a tailwind to get the open plains behind you.
One of your Indy fans

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

i met of a friend of yours and she told me what you are doing. so, i checked this out. you're awesome! keep up the good work! my best friend's father recently passed away from multiple myeloma so, this touches my heart even more.

Anonymous said...

Gracie - just checking in from LLS. You are doing an amazing job for us and we are always impressed with your Web site entries!

Keep up the great work!!!!!!!

Tiffany

Trendyzworld said...

So where are you at now? I just got an email from Jezebel about you being in Colorado. I see your last entry is 6/15.
Later,
Antoinette

Anonymous said...

Hi Gracie.

I rode across last year and one of my ideas was to ride back on a Unicycle. Congrats and keep up the good ride. The blog is good and it is a treat to share.

Davey

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info Celebrex lawyer mexico new Bianchi honda hallman Cylinder head - 3.8 - ford Rebuild alda mercedes Bentley continental cup holder Heavy duty roof racks bentley continental gt roof panel Webcams aurora colorado traffic cams Volvo dealership of atlanta

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! Honda 2004 atv Blackjack black jack how+to+swap+petite+ranger+trannys Anti depressant serenity Tech tv - dj spooky Radar detector 007 Does klonopin really work cannon rubber floor mats Hammock camping moskito Semi tire georgetown tooth whitening depakote and laser hair removal Northface lola jacket Dad brother sister sex