Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Onward from Durham, NC

After graduating from Duke this weekend, and spending a few days to frantically pack my life into duffel bags, I will leave Durham this afternoon heading west, west, and further west. A week of family time does a body good, as does a newly-modified unicycle seat. Thanks to the input of Lars Clausen and Keith Cash, one-wheelers who have done the coast-to-coast gig, I was able to put together an amazingly comfortable seat; the phrase "I feel your pain" had returned to its literal meaning.

Thank you to every person who has contacted me about the trip and offered encouragement and support. It means so much to know that there's a community following up with me and helping me along the way, locally and remotely. Thanks also to my friends Ashley Coll and Kaitlin Hancock for the most wonderful shoes in the world. I got the white pirate print. Go figure. ;)

Onward.
Carpe Diem.

TELEVISION NEWS FOOTAGE:
WWAY NewsChannel 3, Wilmington, NC
WECT NewsChannel 6, Wilmington, NC
[click on the links at these websites to find the videos]

Click here to donate online. For additional donation info, please see the initial post, "Up and Rolling."

Coker unicycle product info.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. »

Jeansonjubs said...

A powerful storm system moved into the high plains creating powerful winds that closed down highways and interstates all across eastern Colorado and western Kansas. They are delicate and tender pastes cast into the intersecting wires. The PowerEx MH-C800S is an excellent choice if you are looking for a feature packed unit. But, this is for good reason.